Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Relative access to observations

Jan_Robinson

Hi all, some help required.  Although we have used Tapestry for a number of years this is the first year we are allow parents online access to observations.  My questions are:

Can I choose which observation I want parents to access (I thought I had seen this previously, but can not find it now)

and also

I set up a test email and child so I could try it out and none of the obs have come through to the email address, any idea why?

any suggestions greatfully received

Hi Jan_Robinson,

Thanks for your first post on the forum! I'd be happy to answer your questions for you. :)

Parents can only see observations that are published in their child's learning journal, so any that are 'not in journal' or 'staff view only', they won't be able to see. If an observation has not been published, it will say 'not in journal' by the observation in the list. 

To publish any observations you either need to click on the cog button next to the observation and select 'add to journal' or if you want to publish several, you just need to select the tick boxes at the end of the row and from the pop-up box in the bottom right-hand corner again select 'add to journal'.

If you've not received any notifications you will need to check that you have selected for relatives to be able to receive them. To do this you just need to go to the Control Panel -> User Permissions, then click on the 'Relatives' tab. For the permission 'Receive notifications', does it say not permitted? To change this you just need to click on the 'Edit' button.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Emily