Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good morning all,

I have had a case of scarlet fever in the setting. I do know if you have two or more cases that you need to report it to PHE and Ofsted. As I have never had to so before and hedging my bets as the first case is a sibling that attends the setting so there could quite possibly be two or more cases; for those that have already had experience of this I have two questions please.

1. Is there a particular form to use to inform PHE and what is the best way to do this? 

2. In the EYFS it states need to contact Ofsted if illness occurs. As SC is a notifiable illness I am assuming Ofsted need to be informed of this. However, it does not state in the EYFS that it needs to be two cases or more? So do I just inform them so that I do not breach the terms of the registration.

Any advise greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

Ofsted advised us earlier this year that they didn't need notification unless you had three or more cases of scarlet fever. As for notification, our local council provides an environmental health email address, so we email that, with a copy to Public Health England. The PHE email address will something@phe.gov.uk depending on your area.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)