Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff application form

Hi

We are looking into employing a supply worker, predominantly for "as and when" kitchen duties.

We have advertised and a parent (whose child is leaving for school this term) is very interested.

We would obviously CRB, although there would be limited child contact.

However, our normal application form, seems very involved for this position.

Has any one employed on this basis and have you used a full app form? or has any one got a more basic one to share?

Thanks

Hi!

We use the same application form for all staff irrespective of their role - someone working in the kitchen would still need to tell me about their experience etc. I would make the differentiation in the interpretation of the form, not in the form itself. By this I mean that someone writing in response to the question "Why do you want this job?" - 'I run a busy kitchen at home for my family and the hours and flexibility in this post are perfect for me while my child is at school' would be encouraged to interview, whereas I would be looking for a 'I've always wanted to work with children and I have been babysitting for my siblings and cousins for 5 years' is an appropriate answer to the same question if I were recruiting for a childcare apprenticeship position. 

I hope that helps :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)