Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recruiting. Revise an application form to include GDPR

Im about to revise our application form for new members of staff re the new GDPR is there anyone who can  advise me on this as to how much i need to add/say on the form or are willing to share the clause they have added to their form.

Morning Biddy!

I'm going to move your post to the GDPR area as (as you can imagine) it's a pretty active forum area currently! :)

At our nursery, we haven't amended our application form however we have issued all current staff with the staff GDPR checklist and privacy notice (see resources). When we recruit next time I will include on our invitation to interview that we will keep application forms and interview score sheets on file for 6 months and then destroyed, unless they ask us to destroy them if they are unsuccessful. Obviously, the successful candidates application form is kept and becomes part of the staff file.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you Rebecca, this is what i decided to include on my form

We have a duty to abide by the GDPR and, as such, require your explicit consent to contact you

It is imperative you tick the relevant box – if you do not tick the box we will assume NO

Can we contact you about this application?

Yes []

No []

If you do not proceed with employment application, would you like all your details removed from our database so there is no future contact?

Yes []

No []

Please confirm if you wish your details to remain on our database if you are unsuccessful at interview at this stage?

Yes []

No []

Please confirm if you wish your details to remain on our database if you are successful at interview stage and then subsequently leave our employ?

Yes []

No []

Please confirm if we can contact you about training or other employment opportunities?

Yes []

No []

Please confirm that we can give a reference for you on request from either a letting agency, new employer, training provider or other ?

Yes []

No []

14 hours ago, Biddy said:

We have a duty to abide by the GDPR and, as such, require your explicit consent to contact you

It is imperative you tick the relevant box – if you do not tick the box we will assume NO

Can we contact you about this application?

Yes []

No []

If you do not proceed with employment application, would you like all your details removed from our database so there is no future contact?

Yes []

No []

Please confirm if you wish your details to remain on our database if you are unsuccessful at interview at this stage?

Yes []

No []

Please confirm if you wish your details to remain on our database if you are successful at interview stage and then subsequently leave our employ?

Yes []

No []

Please confirm if we can contact you about training or other employment opportunities?

Yes []

No []

Please confirm that we can give a reference for you on request from either a letting agency, new employer, training provider or other ?

Yes []

No []

Thank you for sharing - I will upload a copy into our resources area so that others can have the benefit of your work :D

• FSFRebecca changed the title to Recruiting. Revise an application form to include GDPR