Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Digiblue Video Cameras

hi there

has anyone got a digiblue video camera? How have you been using it? How much are they? and where do you get them? I've done a web search but no luck as yet

cheers

apple

We got some with our Tesco vouchers last year, but haven't used them yet. I have (or my 10 year old son has) played with them in a half term. I thought I could get the children (R/Y1) to film role play scenarios, videos of the world as they see it (or Nursery did a good display of photos taken by the children- it really showed how they see the world of giants!) I haven't really thought in great detail yet.

Hi there, digiblue available from the tts catalogue, or alternativley look at the digital blue website and it lists suppliers- ebuyer was the cheapest at $72(pounds my keyboard is wierd!!)

Guest tinkerbell

Just done a training session on digital blue and they are really amazing.The ICT advisor showed us how to use them and we are all keen and fired up.Apparantly thereis a deal that if you buy 5 you get 5 handbooks.

You can use them in your hand and do photographs or short video with sound.Or use them in the stand which acts as a tripod and because its linked to the computer the videoing can just run eg set it up to record children in various areas.The quality of the images when it is in its base is bettter than hand held ,but hand held is good.

Our school is going to get 5 yipee.

Tinkerbellx

• 2 weeks later...
:) thanks all the ICT coord has said we can have one in April

50679[/snapback]

yeah we got ours from TAG learning too... we use them all the time is Reception.

we have them constantly available on the side for children to grab and just photo their models or their work or just each other... it's always funny downloading them at a later date to see what they've been photographing.

We also use them alot in conjunction with 2Animate software to make simple 'stop-start' animations. I'm actually running a few courses across the county on this.

Also, with the software you get with the cameras... you can just have a live feed to your computer screen (a bit like when you walk past a shop window and a video camera is filming you so you can see yourself) - I attach ours to our smart board and film them on the carpet - it's so funny watchig them trying to work out where the camera is and the performances they put on for the camera ! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)