Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registering with ICO

gresley

Hi trying to get my head around GDPR.  With regard to the GDPR - can anyone tell me please if a pre-school committee run setting needs to registered with the ICO??  if anyone could help I would be very grateful.

We are a committee run setting and have been registered with the ICO for a number of years. GDPR is a lot to get your head around but the info/comments on this forum are very helpful in helping you find your way through! 

• FSFRebecca changed the title to Registering with ICO
4 hours ago, gresley said:

Hi trying to get my head around GDPR.  With regard to the GDPR - can anyone tell me please if a pre-school committee run setting needs to registered with the ICO??  if anyone could help I would be very grateful.

Hello! I hope you don't mind, I have changed your title to reflect your question so that other members know what you are asking about :)  Yes, if you are storing any information electronically which is used for anything other than a 'membership base' (ie a register) you need to register with ICO. So, if you are emailing parents, sending funding information to your LA, using an online learning journal etc you will need to be registered.

• Like 1

Member Mouseketeer says:

Hi Gresley, we’re a committee run setting too and we are, it does seem to be a bit of grey area because the check list says if a ‘not for profit’ organisation you can be exempt, but because of the data we collect, store etc )and a fair bit of ours is online) we should be, it’s easy to register and only cost £35 annually.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)