Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Ideas For Interview

I have got an interview for the Graduate Teacher Training Programme on 21st March and I need your help!

I was all prepared to lead an all singing all dancing super story telling session with props around the theme of Kipper's Toybox but have just found out I have to read a story to a group of year 4's. Whilst I am sure they would love my original idea it possibly isn't what the interviewers would be expecting! So has anyone an idea for a story suitable to read to a group of year 4's? I can practice on a group at school so preparation isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance!

Sharon

What about 'Clarice bean thats me' by Lauren Child, or 'Whos afraid of the big bad book' also by Lauren Child. I have read both these books to yr4 children and they loved them.

OR

Dirty Beasts by Roald Dahl

Good Luck :o

Year 4 ARGHHHH! Not sure whether these are two young, but here goes. Jim and the Beanstalk by Raymond Briggs - cos it has all sorts of possibilities for follow-up work on measuring, letter writing back to giant etc. (also because I've just read this to my reception class for the third time this week - at their request .... but have also read with Y1 and Y2.

OR The true story of the Big Bad Wolf (think that's the title) - anyway it's the one where the Big Bad Wolf says he's only gone to borrow some sugar to make a cake for his sick granny. I love it!!

In fact there are lots of fairy stories told from different perspectives which might be useful.

Good luck.

Harricroft

When I went for my interview for a SCITT course I had to read a story to Yr 5- not my ideal year group either! I read the story of the Three Little Pigs and the Big bad Wolf. It went well and then had to write about what activities I could follow it up with etc. How I could get the children involved - hot seating different characters etc. etc

I got a place and teaching nursery now!

Well done Nina ... and nursery, I think, so much nicer than Y5 - though I'm sure Year 5 teachers would probably disagree.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)