Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A New Foundation Stage Curriculum

Hi

As from September there will be a new Foundation Stage Curriculum and Primary Strategy, our head has just informed us. She has been to the directors meeting but hasn't been told much more than that. My understanding is that the Primary Strategy will combine Numeracy and Literacy Strategy and as far as the rest of the curriculum is concerned there will be more flexbilty with reference to the Excellent and Enjoyment document, but a major emphasis on SEAL resources(PSHE which is VTAL). I have no idea if the Early Years Curriculum will alter, does anyone know anymore?

Thanks

Becky

There will be a new curriculum for the foundation stage which will dovetail the FS curriculum and Birth to three matters. It is due to come on line in 2008 and I believe that consultation will be taking place.

I think it is a case of "watch this space".

Linda

Thanks Linda, I was wondering if it was to do with the future OFSTED of the Foundation Stage whch will be seperate to the rest of the school.

This link takes you to the Surestart site and documents about the EYFS, Travel Paper, including info on the consultation.

EYFS

Peggy

Hi

Thanks for all your help, I don't know anymore about OFSTED yet, only that they will be inspecting it as a seperate stage to KS1 and 2. Will let you know when I find out anything.

I think if you look at the link Peggy has put in you will find it is a new curriculum which combines both B23 and FSC. This is what we have been told. I don't think it is just going to be guidance, although I am sure that will accompany the new system. I feel that it will be very similar to what we have already but making the Foundation Stage more streamlined.

Linda

Hi Marion did your head say the same as mine, that the document would be out in Sep 2007 as will the Primary National Strategy. Thanks :)

Compulsory from 2008 with fine-tuning and training taking place late 2006 and throughout 2007. We are possibly piloting it from sept. IF that happens ... I will try and keep you all posted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)