Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's My Birthday And I'll Cry If I Want To!

Thank you for your birthday wishes and happy birthday to PandyAndy and Button Moon too.

Hope your day was better than mine!

We are really skint so I told DH not to buy me anything... then I ordered some PJ's off my catalogue as desperate for some and thought it'd be nice to get him to let our girls wrap them up for me... childrne don't get it if you don't have anything to open do they?

He was getting them to make me a card yesterday so I knew i'd get that.

Last night I found out the chair of our committee had been given a letter from the Management committee of the building we use telling us we have to do all our own cleaning (see other thread on renting!). There is more to that but suffice it to say it left me quite upset.

This morning I woke up feeling really panicky (I suffer 'with my nerves' as my nan used to say!) and had chest pains and was weepy - excellent PMT to boot!

DD1 got up in a cob and didn't even say Happy Birthday (she's 11) then DH got up and did say it but no card or my PJs....

DD1 was moody and slow getting ready meaning I left late (I drop her to school on my way to preschool). I couldn't stop myself crying which is pathetic but I was gutted that nobody had even given me a card! How old am I????

At work I had a scheduled key meeting that I was dreading for various reasons.... the 15 minutes we allow for in the planning took well over an hour meaning I missed most of the free play part of the session. At the end of the ssession some parents were complaining about a notice put up by someone that was from 'the committee' but none of the committee knew about it! I joked I was leaving and one said I couldn't tell I was grey - I pointed out my grey hair roots :o and said I was 38 today...

Went in to sort out some lunch and the phone rang - that mum had rung to ask the other staff if they knew!

Just finishing my soup when the next parent arrived for a keymeeting during lunchclub. She cried and I was worried it'd set me off, especially when there was a knock at the door and a little girl was bringing me a card she'd made :D This time it was 40 minutes and ran into the start of the next session! As she left the next one was waiting! She produced an A4 sheet of questions!! Got back in the room just in time for tidy up time again xD

Got home to find DH had made a cake with dd2 awwwwwwwww and he'd managed to scrape enough money together to buy a dvd.....

Alls well that ends well?

Nope, have to get loads done by tomorrow to put together our accreditation evidence!

So I'll get back to it now. Sorry to rant but I feel so ungrateful now whining to dh when he has at least made an effort... oh and I did get my card and PJs!

Yes he did! I feel for the girls tho more you know? My 11 year old isn't normally moody and was so excited when she showed me the card - thinking about it she may well have had a cob on because he had told her not to give it to me until later.... oops!

Aw! Pandemonium have a birthday hug from me :D

I know exactly what you mean about cards :D and if it was a choice of card or pressie I would choose card everytime. Even now my youngest son (22yrs) makes all my cards and I hope he never stops :D I think its the thought and time he puts in to them that I particularly like.

No apology necessary for a little rant :D it's part of what this wonderful forum is for and I hope you feel better for having posted :D

Hope the tears helped too (better out than in or whatever the expression is)

Sounds as though it's been a hectic and rather fraught day but hope somewhere along the line you enjoyed it

The cake and surprise DVD was lovely :D and glad to hear you got the PJ's, DH must have had it all planned for when you came home.

Oh and though it's nearly over

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me too :D

PJs went on as soon as my student left :D

DD1 is very jealous and wants some now! Nowt special just normal t-shirt material vest and trousers with ribbon trim but they have a silky overjacket thing that she likes :o

I haven't got anything done, gonna have to just give up and go to bed!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANDAMONIUM :D:D

Not every day is a birthday, but every day is the 1st day of the rest of your life, so, HAPPY 1st Day for tomorrow too.

p.s. Are your PJ's winciette, to match your grey hair :o ( excuse spelling)

oh to be 38 again, I wish.

Peggy

Not wincyette but ooooh that'd be nice! My poor husband - I have a Victorian style neck to floor nightie and I'd love fleecy jammies! Amazing we have 2 kids really :o

I don't mind the grey - I started at 23 so kind of part of me but I wish it was ALL grey - I think that looks stunning on some women - probably not be on me but hey I can dream!

Only just read this, so I'm glad it turned out better at the end, and I would've wished you happy birthday if I'd seen it in time!

It brought back [recent] memories of the time my two grown-up children, living at home still, didn't as much as wish me happy mothers' day because they wouldn't back down on whose turn it was to do it, or something similar. Not a nice day!

Happy belated birthday from me too. My hubby tries really hard, takes the lads shopping and gets loads of really crap presents. On my 40th he planned to take me to New York but I didnt want to leave the lads (I admit to being defeated by the terrorists) Hubby had a proper sulk for weeks, I'd ruined things and most women would have been grateful, so just wait till you're 40 :o:D:D

Glad the day ended on a better note :D

Happy Birthday for yesterday Pandemonium, sorry it started out so bad - I hate those days when you know the slightest thing could make you cry :o

Glad you had a happier ending though :)

Megsmum

Pandamonium, have just sent you a message wishing you happy birthday for yesterday and hoping you had a lovely day! Then I started browsing the forum!!! I hope the week gets better! Thanks for your message wishing me Happy Birthday. Two friends - who are parents of children I teach - took me out for lunch. (I job share) They gave me some school gate gossip which is always interesting!

I normally do all my planning and preparation on a tuesday - needless to say I didn't do anything yesterday. Today my job share was ill so I taught. I am now teaching for the rest of the week and haven't got any school work or housework done. Serves me right for not doing anything for a day!

My husband managed to get home for the evening (he works away Mon-Fri) but was in a bad mood as he couldn't get the DVD player to work and 3 other appliances in the house have gone wrong. My 2 girls complained because I hadn't made myself a birthday cake for them to eat!!!

I just had another glass of wine and watched the TV - which was working.

LOL at the cake comment! How old are your girls?

I have a student who wanted to make a cake for me bless her... so even tho dh had made one with dd2 I agreed she could still make one... oh my goodness... my older daughter is 11 and was horrified that this girl is 17 and has no idea! She tried and her heart is in the right place but imagine the scene...

I have 'proper' scales with a brass tray and weights nad tend to put kitchen paper in the tray when weighing butter etc. as I don't like to wash it too much as it tarnishes... Of course S (student) wasn't to know this as it is a particular foible of mine! Cue DD1 telling S off for not using paper!

Then this poor deprived 17 year old starts putting flour in dd1's hair ha ha how funny... WHEN YOU'RE THREE!!! I think she missed out on the messy play stage as everything we do seems to end up with this kind of thing! I don't really mind the mess but dd1 was getting really fed up - especially when it progressed to actual cake mixture :wacko:

So, mixture made, time to put it in cake tins. I tend to slap it in and not even level the top - again this is my way of doing it, not saying that's the only way :( S put it in tin and pressed it down for ages - didn't like to say anything but it did come out like 2 biscuits bless her!

As if this was not painful enough for my poor cookery expert of an 11 year old, S then insisted on taking it straight out of the tins and icing it there and then without waiting for it to cool :o

No big deal until you hear what it was filled and iced with...

I'd actually suggested chocolate spread as last time she iced anything she used almost the whole kg packet xD:(

So she did that for the filling... and also made chocolate icing by mixing chocolate spread into icing sugar and water :( THEN put half a tub of sprinkles on before using the 2nd lot of icing!

Then made more icing for the top and more sprinkles. my oh my it was crrrrrrrrrrrunchy!

Made me chuckle tho this morning when dd1 was telling me how fed up she had been!!!