Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Occupational Health Screen

Hi. I have recently employed a member of staff with a chronic health condition, and I think it would be in both our interests to have an occupational health screen to understand how her condition may affect her work, what adjustment we can make etc etc.

Would anyone have any recommendations for this please?

We are in North Surrey.

thanks

Hi Top Banana

The best thing to do is to email into the area generic email box for your specific area.  Someone from your area will then ne able to answer your query directly and provide support.  You say you are North Surrey so I have posted the two North area details below.

North West (Woking, Surrey Heath and Runnymede) - sectornw@surreycc.gov.uk

North East (Elmbridge, Epsom and Ewell, Spelthorne) - sectorne@surreycc.gov.uk

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There are a lot of occupational health services out there and you can usually google.  Depending on the health condition they may ask for the person to be seen by a physician or a nurse.  This can vary in cost from £150-350.

My advice would be to ask the employee for any medical evidence they may have, if you want another route this could be to write to the employee's consultant and check their fitness for work e.g. are they capable.

Be very careful as some medical conditions are protected by the Equality Act and therefore you would need to be mindful that if the medical condition is defined as long term you can't discriminate.

Maybe ask the employee for a little more information.

Risk assessments are useful at this time too!

• Like 1