Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cavemen

You could try introducing the children to the Flintstones, yabadaba doo :o , I remember my son was mad on them. :D and continue with dinosaurs.

Other than that I don't really see how Cavemen are relevant to a young childs life / interests.

Peggy

Thanks very much Beau! I went to have a look at the 'Cave Girl' game and got side-tracked by Aqua-Pigs! Beware - don't play it! Highly addictive and they make cute little squeaky noises, float around in little submarines and there are seagulls that come and poo on you...MUST...STOP...PLAYING...AND...GET...READY...FOR...TOMORROW...maybe just one more game!

How long do you have to do this topic for? I hope you dont find it too restricting if it for a whole term.

I think the idea of introducing dinosaurs is good if you can branch out that way there are books such as 'Harry and the bucketful of dinosaurs' etc..

You could so something about rocks or a mini topic about wheels (wasnt it a caveman who invented the wheel)

Living outdoors - camping or a branching out into a topic on homes.

Good Luck - let us know how you get along

Regards M x

Sorry, me again! I've just had a look through my books and have found these. I don't know if they're all in print as I tend to pick up a lot of second-hand books:

'Alistair's Time Machine' by Marilyn Sadler and Roger Bollen ISBN 0-333-48088-0. This does actully feature cavemen. Alistair's a boy genius and he builds a time machine. He goes back to different points in history including pre-historic times and saves some cavemen from mammoths. This pictures are full of humour (and he ends up sending the mammoths back to the current day). It sounds terribly complex the way I've written it but it isn't - it's good fun - honest!

The others just feature dinosaurs:

'Bumpus Jumpus Dinosaurumpus!' by Tony Mitton and Guy Parker-Rees ISBN 1-84121-294-6. Cartoon pictures but gives proper dinosaur names which are incorporated into rhymes

'Dinosaurs Galore!' by Giles Andreae and David Wojtowycz ISBN 1-84362-609-8. I think they did 'Commotion in the Ocean' too. This is like the book above but better I think

'Our Mammoth Goes to School' by Adrian Mitchell and Priscilla Lamont ISBN 0-7445-0739-1. About a mammoth who lives with 2 present-day children as their pet

'Tyrone the Horrible' ISBN 0-590-76029-7 and 'Tyrone the Dirty Rotten Cheat' ISBN 0-590-76535-3 both by Hans Wilhelm. Tyrone is a Tyrannosaurus who always picks on another dinosaur calls Boland but always gets his come-uppance

'Meg's Eggs' by Helen Nicoll and Jan Pienkowski. My copy is so old that it hasn't got an ISBN number! I think you can still buy these though. Meg's a witch. She does a spell and makes huge eggs which in turn hatch out into dinosaurs. They start eating all Meg's plants and then the last egg hatches into a Tyrannosaurus which tries to eat the others so Meg shrinks them

• 3 weeks later...

Words and pictures used to use a story about a family of cavemen but I cannot remember what it was called. There was mum, dad a little boy and a very grumpy grandpa. hilarious. xD Will look up my very old videos of words and pictures and see if I can find it for you.

Also Mr Ben was once a cave man! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)