Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mothers Day

What are people doing for Mothers Day? We are making sweets/truffles, wrapping them in sellophane, tying with a ribbon and making a gift tag with a drawing of mums face. Just wondered what other wonderful ideas are out there

Hi Gwen

We're doing 'Materials' at the moment, so we thought it might be nice to use self-drying clay to make decorative tiles. Plan is to roll out the clay, use a selection of objects to make patterns, dry and paint, add a ribbon to hang.

Debbie

We did somthing very similar to Debbie a couple of years ago, but made 'pendants' from the clay by getting the children to cut them with shaped cookie cutters and then creating a design. When dry they painted them with coloured PVA and hung on a ribbon. I received lots of 'thanks' :o from the Mums, especially the one whose son reminded her that she had 'forgotten' to put it on whenever she tried to leave the house without it for weeks! xD:(

I used pot pourri dough to make heart "pomanders" with our younger children for valentines day. The recipe can be found at www.makingfriends.com There are loads of other ideas there too. I particularly love the paper dolls, which I print out, laminate and use velcro dots so that the clothes stay on while they walk across the room to show.

What is everyone doing about cards? I have a real problem with production lines and was after inspiration about child-initiated ideas. All I can think is free painting, free collage etc. I'm wondering about having a selection of templates (does that defeat the object?) for children to do whatever with.

Inspiration needed please... :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)