Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualifications

Might sound like a really silly question and I might not have put it in the right place, but what qualifications enable individuals to work in settings such as day nurseries?

By that, I mean if you are qualified to teach science, for example, does that automatically entitle you to work as a nursery nurse? Another bright idea of my place!

Not sure what you are asking here Loopylou. Do you mean that if they are a secondary school science teacher that they can work with early years? That wouldn't be a problem if they were part of your staff that aren't qualified or if they were going to gain an early years qualification. But at least 50% of staff have to have a minimum level 2 , not including management who have to, at present, be level 3 and I would have thought that it would need to be for childcare and/or early years.

Linda

In our setting, if a member of staff does not have arecognised early years qualification they are treated as a level 0, unless employed in another capacity - teacher, cook etc.

sue

Like Sue I would not consider a member of staff qualified if they were not early years trained. I would hope that they would look to gaining an appropriate qualification when they started with me-in fact it would be a condition of them getting the job.

Linda

I think she has a degree in teachnig science in secondary schools. I'm not 100% sure though. I was just wondering, but thanks for your replies!

Clare

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)