Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Next Steps

Gill_Oliver

Hi All, 

We have been using tapestry for a term now and everyone loves it and it has gone really well. We are now moving into our busiest term and I can see that I need to look at our observation and planning process. I think the staff are doing too many observations to be honest and whilst I have never wanted to put a "number" on the amount of obs they do I think we are going to have to. Up until now we have done our own next steps for each short ob but this is unmanageable now and I think we need to look at the obs collectively each week for each child and set an appropriate next step. Then plan, do and review. I see little of having all these wonderful next steps if we can’t document and action everything. Up until now this has been manageable. I am looking at the best way to move forward and wondered how other people approached this particularly people in busy settings and wondered

Do you set your own next steps or base them on the ones generated by tapestry? 

How do you document a child' next steps? e.g. as an ob on tapestry (e.g. next steps and date) or in another way?

Approx how many obs are staff doing a week for each of their key children and are they looking at these collectively and deciding on next steps (e.g. according to current need/interests/parents input) or at next steps for each ob. 

I know everyone does everything differently I would love to hear how other people do it as we haven't really encountered any issues until now and I really need to look at our observation process before half term. 

Gill 

Hi Gill,

I'd be really interested to read what other settings do as well! In the mean time it might be of use for you to know that we are running a webinar about using Tapestry to aid you with next steps this Thursday. You can find out more information and sign up to this if you are interested from this page here.

I hope this helps. :)

Best wishes,

Emily 

• Like 1