Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help restructuring considerations - School Nursery

Glitterstar

Hello everyone,

I currently work at a Maintained school which includes a preschool (recently part of the school).  We are considering a re-structure to a Nursery class (teacher led). Governors have asked me to look at creating a new model and to present it to them. Whilst I have worked in many different EY settings over the years but the part I really don't know about is the funding. I already know that employing the Teacher will be a big consideration on finances, but will it affect the 3-4 yr old funding in other ways?

I have thought I could look at the demand / how many working parent , current session take up etc.  But are there any other considerations?   Does anyone have any experience of working in a Nursery class as part of a school?    Could we still take the two year olds?  Also would it be worth considering combination of Nursery class with a provision alongside?  

We currently have a term-time preschool, with a separate wrap -around breakfast and afterschool club available.  

• FSFRebecca changed the title to Help restructuring considerations - School Nursery

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)