Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessments and progress

WHCF

Hi,

We have been using Tapestry for a while now but are still struggling to get our heads around the assessment  side of things. I think we are probably missing something but is there a way of seeing clearly what age band children are currently working within based on their observations over an extended period of time i.e. more than one term as shown on the summative assessments section? 

Like i said it is probably really obvious but any help would be appreciated

Thank you 

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum and to Tapestry!

I believe that the best screen for you to see the age band progress for your children throughout several periods would be the 'age band tracker' screen, which can be found within tracking > EYFS > age band tracker.

This tutorial will show you how this screen works and how you can interpret the data:  EYFS Snapshots - age band tracker

Hopefully this is all you need, but if you have any further queries please do contact us on customer.service@eyfs.info

Or try the 'latest age-bands' option from the snapshots list on your tracking tab. This presents assessments you've made over the most recent periods, starting with the current period, and then going back through earlier ones so each aspect eventually gets and assessment recorded (always assuming you've made assessments in those aspects at some point!). So you're looking at the last assessment you made for each aspect.

On 1/16/2018 at 18:24, Helen said:

Or try the 'latest age-bands' option from the snapshots list on your tracking tab. This presents assessments you've made over the most recent periods, starting with the current period, and then going back through earlier ones so each aspect eventually gets and assessment recorded (always assuming you've made assessments in those aspects at some point!). So you're looking at the last assessment you made for each aspect.

Helen how do you currently do your tracking in order to show progress do you use Tapestry or an offline something......??x