Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Growing Ideas

I am being observed on KUW on Friday and as I'm doing Jack and the Beanstalk and we have already planted beans thought I would do something on this. Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions for an interesting lesson?

Hi Matilda - can't think of any songs sorry. I did do Jack and the Beanstalk last term and so I'll attach my plans and you can see if there's anything useful there.

week_4.docweek_4.doc

The activities plans look a bit thin on the ground because we spend all week investigating joining methods, decorating the giants and then joining them together. They make a good display though!

Edited by Guest

The Little Book of Outdoor Play has a section at the back on plants, which might be worth a look if you have access to it. If not, post back and I'll post the info on here. Not sure if it specifies re: poisonous plants, but it may, & could also be useful as far as knowing what plant types are best for your designated area.

Thanks very much for sharing, Moose. I like your ideas and will definitely use some of them.

I should have covered this book over two weeks really as there are so many good ideas for all areas of learning. Thanks again.

We did jack and the beanstalk along time ago, we did use a song which came from a nursery education magazine, unfortunately I can't remember how it went :o when we are stuck for songs to use we make our own up and sing them to popular nursery rhyme tunes, you can keep them simple and maybe let the children help you to make a song up.

We havn't got a copy of the nursery education magazine now but you might be able to find something on the web

good luck on Friday :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)