Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Crepe Maker / Pan

Has anyone ever bought an electric crepe maker - our PTA are thinking of buying one for our fund raising events.

Can anyone recommend one?

I have one and it makes those wonderful enormous pancakes. We had a few last night- yummy. They do take a lot of mix and take a while to cook, so if you were doing it for an event you would really need two to keep tham coming fast enough for the queue. They are easy to make and get nice and thin. We make savoury with cheese and or ham or an egg broken onto them crepe style, and they cook easily. Best of all is lemon and sugar but the addtion of some spirit is very good too. :o

I bought one from a French supermarket, and then the following year my sons asked me to get them one each. I had to look around a bit to find just what I really wanted as some on sale are more like griddles. There are commerial ones available but they are expensive.