Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sick Of The Same Old Songs

hI EVERYONE

Thanks for all the brill advice so far. Just looking for some new songs to use in my Reception class, sick of the same old same old. Any new ones would be most appreciated...

I don't want to said you on to another forum, but on the TES forum in the Early years staff room, there is a thread on songs/nursery rhymes with lots and lots of very well known, and not so well known songs and rhymes on there. Well worth a look!

I've just discovered John Browns baby. Oh the children loved it. All I heard all afternoon was canvaranvaranvarated..........

And my 3 year old loves it too!!!!!

One for tomorrow from the pancake website someone posted yesterday:

5 golden pancakes, cooking in a pan

Toss them up and catch them if you can......

Along came .... (child's name) with a plate and spoon

took a golden pancake and then left the room!!!

Continue with 4 golden pancakes.....

http://www.kididdles.com/mouseum/j005.html

It doesn't have the chorus....

Camphor camphor camphorated X4

So they rubbed it with camphorated oil

Enjoy

Another one is to use the tune of Knees Up Mother Brown and either use a phrase using 5 syllables (we use Danger Men at Work) or count to 5

Keep going until you get back to the beginning....

Danger Men at Work X2

Danger men at work danger men

At work danger men.

At work danger men X2

At work danger men at work dan-

Ger men at work dan-

Ger men at work dan-

etc

This song is very popular with our children at the moment. This is from a website that was kindly posted on the forum. Very simple and enjoyable, and you get to slap your thighs!

http://www.nancymusic.com/Ducksplay.htm

Also below is another rhyme for Humpty Dumpty involving a trampoline which the children love.

Also a great variation on 5 little ducks was also on the above website, haven't used it yet but thought it would appeal (5 little dragons) plus there is a dragon booklet to download.

Deb

Humpty_Dumpty_sat_on_a_wall.doc

Edited by Deb

have you seen the sticky kids cd's. They have various rhymes and songs on them. The songs encourage movement as well as learning new songs. e.g Old McDonald had a farm, using the movement of the animal rather than the sound.

I like the songs Niki Davies writes, some of which Out of the Ark music publish. The children always learn them quickly and they are catchy and humourous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)