Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Screen Shots of Photographs

Hi MegaMum,

There isn't a way to stop parents screenshotting the photos, as is the case that you can't stop parents taking photos of paper journals.

If you are concerned about them adding photos to social media sites this is something you could cover in a document such as a learning journal policy or Tapestry user agreement.

If it is parents seeing photos of other children that you are worried about there is the option to not allow parents to see media in group observations. This can be be found on the control panel -> user permissions -> click on the 'relatives' tab at the top of the page.

We have written a document called 'Maintaining Safeguarding on Tapestry' document which goes over all the things you might want to think about with safeguarding on Tapestry. You can find this here; I hope you find this useful.

• Like 1

Hi Emily. Thank you for the info. It was more that at the end of term, when downloading the journals for parents, two parents said they didn't want them. When I asked why? Both replies were, I already have all the photos as I screen shot them. Unfortunately, both of these parents had the same key person, who felt completely deflated at the 'hours' and 'hours' and 'hours' she had spent on their child's journals over their time with us.

Edited by MegaMum

Oh, that's a shame - it isn't always about the photos is it? I'd be inclined to generate and download the journal for them anyway and send it via email - the parents might reflect on their position once their child has grown up a little bit and then will be pleased to look back over the journal and appreciate all the hard work and effort that has gone into it.

• Like 1