Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literacy Matters

Hi,

I was just wandering if anyone uses the literacy matters website for their planning (reception) and if you do how do you link it to your theme of the term. For example ours is minibeasts this term but the books recommended on the site are nothing linked to minibeasts. How do you get round that? Your ideas will be fully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Zainab

xxx

I have used Literacy Matters in the past for basis of my literacy planning and found it quite useful. Literacy / numeracy were seperate from the topic planning . Since changing to a Foundation Stage Unit we have changed the way we plan/work so it no longer fits in however some ideas can be adapted and used

Hi,

We are a foundation unit too, was just a bit worried OFSTED might say why doesn't literacy fit in. Am an NQT and I work in a 1 form entry school so was just wandering what others do.

Zainab

x :o

Hi,

We are a foundation unit too, was just a bit worried OFSTED might say why doesn't literacy fit in.  Am an NQT and I work in a 1 form entry school so was  just wandering what others do.

Zainab

x :o

49043[/snapback]

We were OFSTEDed xD a month ago and to be honest they didnt even look at our planning. The inspectors arrived at 8am looked round the school and talked to us 'informally' asked why we'd decided to become a unit etc. At 9am 1 instector arrived and sat down with a clipboard / wandered around inside and out and left at 11am. He asked to come back for a short visit during the afternoon session (think its because we have different groups of nursery aged children each session) stayed about 15 mins and left.

We have 2 teacher's and 2 NNEBs the way we work is 3 adults work on focused activities and 1 floats. On the day I was 'floating' and hearing individual readers the other teacher was doing a focused maths activity my NNEB was doing a focused literacy activity and the other NNEB was working on an investigation activity involving ice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)