Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lost Child On Premises Policy

We are preparing for our accreditation and have been advised that we need one!!!????

We are not sure HOW we could lose one but who knows eh?

I appreciatte the joke, under the table :D:D:D

I did have occasion once to "lose" a child in the setting, He was hiding behind the toilet door, but my heart went into my nouth, has he got out the door without us realising ( odds were 99% against that happening but the fear was there for a moment, and what would we do if he had? :o

This is lost child from premises policy.

or another example a child "escapes" from the outdoor area.

Peggy

WHen my daughter was at nursery she caused a lot of panic as none of the staff could find her. The looked every where and checked the gates and perimeters. Then one of the staff heard someone talking and she was squashed into a toy washing machine in a store room playing with two little dolls.

She had been missing for quite some time and they were really worried though.

Sue

Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest that it was a silly policy as such. It was just the vision that came into my head when I read the title. Love the story about your daughter Sue. :o Wish I could fit into our toy washing machine. xD:D

We have a child who constantly hides in cupboards! When we had to write a policy I joked that if we lost her the first thing to do would be to check the cupboards.. when I found the one on here - that was what it said!! (with much more obviously)

So it is done and thank you so much to whoever posted theirs as it was a great starting point for me

We had a two year old 'houdini' called Bethany about 7 years ago (oh, I feel old just thinking about it!)

She managed to get out of the baby gate on the toddler room, through the stock room, into the entrance lobby and then out of the main door as one parent was coming in and one was leaving... both thought that she belonged to the other one.

She was found in the car park after about a 5 minute search - it is not a nice feeling.

Needless to say, another baby gate was bought to go into the entrance lobby the next day and VERY BIG NOTICES were put up for parents to ensure that they were extra careful when entering and leaving the premises.

RB

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)