Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mirrors

Hi, can anyone help please,

We have desperately been trying to get hold of safety mirrors to go along the walls in all of our nursery rooms, they are quite pricey and we are struggling to raise enough money, we have been told about a protective covering that can be used on normal mirrors but we don't know exactly how safe it is and whether it would be cleared by ofsted. We have children from 6 weeks up to 5 years of age so need something suitable. If anyone can offer any advice we would be very grateful

you can get mirrored plastic on the roll I think I have seen it in the argos catalogue? it does work as mirror, but can be tricky to apply because of air bubbles

some DIY stores my sell mirrored acrylic which could be put into a picture frame or just mounted on the wall.

Mothercare do a roll of glass safety film for £15-you may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere such as a DIY store. This prevents glass, including mirrors, from shattering and keeps it in place if broken. We have used it on a door at pre-school that has glass and when we were vandalised a couple of years ago it worked well.

Linda

Hi, can anyone help please,

We have desperately been trying to get hold of safety mirrors to go along the walls in all of our nursery rooms, they are quite pricey and we are struggling to raise enough money, we have been told about a protective covering that can be used on normal mirrors but we don't know exactly how safe it is and whether it would be cleared by ofsted.  We have children from 6 weeks up to 5 years of age so need something suitable.  If anyone can offer any advice we would be very grateful

thanks  :)

48704[/snapback]

Hi there,

Just seen your message about the safety mirrors. I actually saw some wall mirrors in a sales catalogue by hope which only came yesterday. They are £29.98 (normally £44.95). I assume they must be made out of safety materials. Another one they had did state that it is made from shatterproof acrylic and that was £56.66 (normally £84.95)

You can find these on page 90 in the catalogue. Couldn't find the sales section on their website.

The sales order number is 08451 20 20 55

Hope you find what you need. :)

or this link, I bought a pack of the A4 size because I share a hall and with scouts and hopefully these wont get broken.

The visibility is not as clear as a glass mirror, but I think they will be useful, plus I can place them horizontally along the narrow wall space I am allocated.

Craftpacks educational supplies

plus they are very reasonably priced whilst you save up for more expensive ones should you still feel the need to do so.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)