Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Pe

Just thought Id share with you a brilliant course for Foundation practitioners.I think it was quite pricey but well worth it.

on thursday and friday I attended a 2 day practical course on physical education in FS .We did Gymnastics,dance,games skills and generally had a lot of fun.The scheme of activities was given to all participants along with all the CDs needed to do different sessions .The lady who ran the sessions is called Val Sabins and if anyone gets the chance to take part in her sessions GO .She is fantastic,enthusiastic,really knows her stuff and everything was geared towards children aged 2-5.I came away with a fantastic set of resources feeling very inspired . :)

Hi crestacat

We have one of the Val Sabin books and CDs at pre-school and I find them very useful. I should imagine a course by her would be really good.

Do you mind me asking how much it cost? It's just that we have been looking in Stockport to provide a session for pre-schools and day nurseries and this might be just what we are looking for. Our networks would pay for it so money isn't really a problem.

Linda

Hi crestacat

We have one of the Val Sabin books and CDs at pre-school and I find them very useful. I should imagine a course by her would be really good.

Do you mind me asking how much it cost? It's just that we have been looking in Stockport to provide a session for pre-schools and day nurseries and this might be just what we are looking for. Our networks would pay for it so money isn't really a problem.

Linda

48631[/snapback]

Hi Linda Our Early Years partnership paid for her so Im not sure but I think it was something like £1600 or £1700 .I can find out for you but not until after the half term holiday.Our school paid for 2 of us to go.because to buy the Val Sabin stuff is fairly expensive and we got resources free just for attending the course.If your staff do go tell them to wear clothes suitable for PE because you get your money's worth and hardly sit down.There are free bottles of water and I must say I needed them.Didnt realise how unfit I was.Ill find out costs and get back to you.

Crestacat :)

We have been using Val Sabin since September. I have found the Reception lessons really good, although there is a lot packed into one lesson and I find I have to condense it down. It has made PE planning a whole lot easier.

Thanks Crestacat. How many of you were there altogether approximately on the course? This will help us with our costings and we may charge a reduced rate to groups.

We are on half term holiday here as well so when you go back will be great.

Linda

i agree with you there Really. What I like about the materials though is that you can dip into bits of it and take what you need. I like to make up sessions with a warm up, a main activity and a cool down, which are all available. And there are some nice dance ideas too.

Linda

i agree with you there Really. What I like about the materials though is that you can dip into bits of it and take what you need. I like to make up sessions with a warm up, a main activity and a cool down, which are all available. And there are some nice dance ideas too.

Linda

48660[/snapback]

I think there were about 40 of us on the course which ran for 2 days from 9.00oclock-4.00.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)