Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Musical Washing Lines

Just thought I would share the sucess of my musical washing line I made for our children and to start the ball rolling with developing our outdoor play area.

The children were very tuned in today for their first day back after half term and they had a great time!

post-4391-1140471017_thumb.jpgpost-4391-1140471098_thumb.jpg

Hi scampbell

They are great photos and a lovely idea. One of our local authority nurseries has a fantastic outdoor play area and they do a similar thing each year. Oh for an outdoor area!!

Linda

Hi Scampbell :)

The photo's are super and what a good idea :) . We are just starting to improve our outside play area and make the most of the space we have got, your idea has really got me thinking, apart from wind chimes I was stuck with deciding what else to do, all I have to do now is search through my cupboards to see what we've got :D

What a brilliant idea Scampbell. :) I will definitely be suggesting this idea at our planning meeting this week. I shall start collecting old saucepans and tins right away.

It reminds me of youngest daughter who would regularly raid the saucepan cupboard and enjoy bashing them together. Thankfully she has grown out of this and I don't have as many headaches!

The pipes were donated from one of my parents who had a new heating system fitted - so if you know of a plumbing and heating engineer they would be able to give you some left over piping, or ask the parents if they are able to help as I did in supplying you with any old pots and pans, piping, spoons etc...

I painted them with hammerite paint - this lasts outside and hopefully wont need to much mainteance in keeping the colours up!

Good luck it is proving a real sucess in our playgrounds and every child wants a turn ...even the adults enjoy playing a tune!

Sharon

I did this in the nursery setting where I work (didn't look as good as yours though!) The children loved it, but a family who live right next door to the playground commented on how loud it was during one very windy night!! I felt very guilty and took it down!! I could do with having a mobile washing line that i could bring in each night!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)