Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Pgce

Hi,

I am posting here on behalf of my other half who has an interview for a PGCE primary course, he is desperate to work in the Foundation Stage. (he is a big kid!)

One of the things they need to is to introduce an educational issue at an informal small group discussion, they suggested reading the TES and Guardian but he has been looking to no avail. I have discussed all the usual topics - inclusion, parental involvement but they all seem to be what everyone else will talk about.

Can anyone think of anything? I'm drawing a blank...

Thanks

Buttonmoon x

What about the Integrated/topic approach as opposed to teaching subjects in a more isolated way . I just started my PGCE in NI in September and this was my first essay. My second essay has to be a project on the Enriched Curriculum, which is highly topical in NI at present and is basically the formal v play-based approach.

G

Great news :D:D , just out of curiosity, What educational issue did he discuss? And will you have joint membership of the FSF or will he now become a member in his own right ( if he isn't already :o ?)

Peggy

How absolutely fantastic - we do need more men especially in the early years - Ihope you are going to get him to post here to add a bit of a "mans" perspective on things. Congratulations - I think it's great and all those lucky children

Nikki

Guest tinkerbell

I have just had a SCITT student doing his second tp in my r/yr1 class.he was brilliant with the children and must admit the boys really thought he was cool.Yes please more men in the early years.Good luck to your other half buttonmoon.

tinkerbellx

Pass on my congratulations (and probably everyone else's too). It's great to have a new male addition to early years; many of my boys are really lacking that male role-model - especially the one with 2 Mums and no Dad: it shows.

Hi,

Thanks for all your good wishes - he's blushing now!

He spoke about parents involvement in school (I don't know in detail as i didn't want to get too involved!) The three people he was chatting to spoke about sythetic phonics, autism and why Afro-Caribbean boys dont achieve. (I thought these were quiet difficult unless you had a lot of experience)

I never thought about the joint membership thing! BOGOF would be cool!

Thanks again. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)