Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Spring (plants And Animals) Topic

My topic is spring/new life and just asking for suggestions for role-play areas, it's nice to hear what others do and not just do the same thing year after year!

I did a garden centre - the children loved it. I bought plastic plant pots, old seed packets (and gave them the opportunity to make thier own). Apron, fork, spade, gardening gloves and lots of paper, sticky tape etc..

Thanks for that.

I didn't know whether to go for that or create a woodland with Percy the Park Keeper's cottage!

I will keep thinking and go out tonight, after a glass of wine or three - that will help.

We change our role play weekly (more often depending on how the children respond) but ideas that spring to mind are a florist greengrocers garden centre (could put this outside as an additional area) Secret garden space pet shop vets surgery farm art gallery park hope this might help

My topic is spring/new life and just asking for suggestions for role-play areas, it's nice to hear what others do and not just do the same thing year after year!

48333[/snapback]

Cbeebies website has tissue flowers to make and flower pics to print out. You could make a spring book corner with cheap shower curtain cut into long strips hanging down and cover with diff flowers/raindrops etc. We are doing seasons so are doing a diff season for each area of the room. Could make a season board with pics of diff activities (clip art of sunbathing,flowers growing,sledging) so chdn can sort according to seasons so chdn have a clear pic of spring in comparison to other seasons.

Tesco selling really cheap hyacinths/daffs ready planted too if dont want to get dirty!!!!!!!!!!

Jacqui

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)