Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lesson Observation Help!

AHHH I am having a bit of a mental blank. :o

I am being observed by my head and early years advisor when we go back to school. I have been told I can do anything; 'choose soemthing you feel comfortable doing' were her words!

My topic this half term is growing. I would like to use Jaspers beanstalk and my idea is to get the children to write what they think jasper will find at the top of the beanstalk. I am having trouble planning the whole class carpet session for this. I have 30children and want to make it as exciting and interactive as possible but dont seem to be getting anywhere!

I would really appreciete your help? or if you have any other ideas based around J. Beanstalk that would be great too! :)

Welcome to the forum ral77

Not sure I know exactly what you're looking for, but I find talk partners a good way of getting the children thinking about what they are going to write. I am sure I've seen a power point presentation of the book somewhere. If I find it I will post the link.

Good luck with the observation :D

Is it a literacy lesson that's being observed?

I've 'found' a golden envelope on my chair before - having previously read Jack and the Beanstalk. I, of course, couldn't read the label on the envelope 'Magic Beans' but some of the children were able to help. We had lots of discussion about where the beans might have come from and what we should do with them ... this lead to a K&U lesson where we planted the beans and discussed how we would look after them, but could equally (additionally) lead to writing instructions for planting beans, list of things you'll need to plant the beans (compost, plant pots, watering can etc.), or even what they might find at the top of the beanstalk - as ASPK suggests, talking partners here would be really useful.

Good luck,

Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)