Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Policy

Chill

Help please - I think that I probably need a new policy on staff recruitment and if I could combine it with staff induction that would be great. Any advice would be very gratefully received and would help half term along. Thank you

Glad to help. If you need any others let me know. Didn't realize support isn't universal. Our local surestart have been pretty supportive at various times. Just feel a bit envious when 4 people turn up to run a training session, bet they all get paid to attend!

Deb

Hi, has anyone got a 'bereavement' policy? The setting in which I work has had to deal with an number of deaths. These deaths have included children lossing members of their families, loss of a pupil and a number of staff members have also suffered bereavements.

These deaths have left the setting, at times, unsure as to what support can be offered with regards to advice and counselling.

Has anyone else had experience of this and can offere me advice as I have been requested to compile this policy?

Gail.

Hi back to you both.

Thanks Carole this is a great help. I now have a starting point on which to build upon. Once again thanks.

Gailx

Hi

I don't suppose you have a non attendance policy, this is one i am working on at the moment. We don't get any help with policies from our local surestart.

Thanks

Do you mean like how fees remain payable in the event of non-attendance, that sort of thing?

Deb

49692[/snapback]

yes and what happens if they don't attend for a certain amount of time with out letting us know. how long we keep the place open for etc

Hi

This goes on the back of our fees invoice (couldn't attach it for some reason). We also state that in our brochure that parents should consult with the supervisor if their child is away for more than 4 consecutive sessions (for a reduction). Unfortunately I don't think we have anythingselse. Maybe it's another one we need to add?

Fees and Funding

 Our session fee is currently £7.00 per session

 A reduction is made for a second child attending.

 The session fee is applicable for those children not yet in receipt of the Nursery Education Grant which is payable for your child from the term following their third birthday.

 We charge a top-up fee of £1.00 per session, to top-up the Nursery Education Grant, which currently only covers 33 weeks of the 38 week Pre-school year. This will be reviewed in April, 2006.

 Our lunch club fee is £2.50 per session.

 All fees can be paid weekly or half-termly in advance.

 Fees remain due in the event of your child’s absence, for any reason, as our running costs remain the same.

 In cases of prolonged absence eg through illness, parents should consult the Supervisor.

Hi

This goes on the back of our fees invoice (couldn't attach it for some reason).  We also state that in our brochure that parents should consult with the supervisor if their child is away for more than 4 consecutive sessions (for a reduction).  Unfortunately I don't think we have anythingselse.  Maybe it's another one we need to add?

Fees and Funding

 Our session fee is currently £7.00 per session

 A reduction is made for a second child attending.

 The session fee is applicable for those children not yet in receipt of the Nursery Education Grant which is payable for your child from the term following their third birthday.

 We charge a top-up fee of £1.00 per session, to top-up the Nursery Education Grant, which currently only covers 33 weeks of the 38 week Pre-school year.  This will be reviewed in April, 2006.

 Our lunch club fee is £2.50 per session.

 All fees can be paid weekly or half-termly in advance.

Thanks for that. I have been advised to put this poilcy in place as we had a child who didn't turn up for 3 months, left messages but they never got back to us so i gave the space to someone else,couple of weeks later she turned up. need a policy to cover this.

All i seem to be doing is adding more and more policies!!!!!!

it's never ending.

 Fees remain due in the event of your child’s absence, for any reason, as our running costs remain the same.

 In cases of prolonged absence eg through illness, parents should consult the Supervisor.

49706[/snapback]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)