Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Read The Small Print

Verona

I odered a pirate ship and island from M&S Mercantile - when it arrived it wasn't suitable - too many small parts and not well made to withstand pre-school use.

I phoned them to let them know that I would like to return it and the reason why. They told me that it would be £20 collection charge and a 10% re-stocking charge PLUS VAT. The thing only cost £25 !!!!! :o It does actually say that goods are not supplied on a sale or return basis - but I DIDN'T READ IT !!!!

The box is quite large although not too heavy - they suggested I might like to try and find a cheaper way of returning it.

I will definitely think twice before ordering anything from them again - just in case it's not suitable when it arrives.

I usually buy wooden or very solidly made toys/equipment, so that they will last. This time I didn't - well, I've learnt my lesson xD

Sue J

Thanks for the warning Sue. The only thing I can suggest is that you raffle it to parents ( Easter Show/celebrations???). You might then at least get your money back.

Peggy

I order quite a bit of stuff from M & S and really like them. Mind you never had to return anything to them. Not like the tables I ordered from Consortium - I ordered the wrong height and getting them returned was a nightmare ........ I can't remember how much I had to pay to get them to come and pick them up, but I know it was extortionate. Mind you you do get some sort of satisfaction saying that you'll never order from them again don't you! :)