Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Explorers Topic

Hi everyone, I hope that you are all enjoying your break!! If we can call it that!!!

Just wondered if anyone can help me with my planning next term, I am doing, 'explorers in our local area' ( links with Y1) has anyone got planning formats for this or a similar topic. was thinking of having garden centre / pet shop for role play to tie in links with spring and growing. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Edited by Guest

Hi - I looked at your post yesterday and blanked out when I read the term 'explorer' :o Looked again today and felt bad because you hadn't had a reply. I really can't think of anything specific to do with 'explorers' except the following, very tenuous, ideas. I'm in Reception and we did a 'Journeys' topic in the summer term last year. This basically involved travelling off to different places. We went to China, a jungle, the moon, the land where the wild things are and went for a ride in Mr. Gumpy's motor car. In my mind these are all kind of exploring because they involve going to different places! I told you they were tenuous! If you think any of these might by vaguely useful I'll happily post my plans for you :)

Oops, actually I think the jungle thing fitted into our animals topic the term before but we did do some explorer type things within that: found out about jungle tribes, made jungle music, developed our own tribal face paints. Sorry - half term madness/old age catching up with me!

hi thanks for your reply,

i am calling the topic explorers as it links with my y1 who are doing ' our local area.' to be honest i will be basing it around growing, the outdoors, spring etc. if anyone has plans for growing i could adapt that would be great..... :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)