Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Simple And Effective Display Ideas

hi there

i really need to revamp my displays but my brain just isnt feeling imaginative!

i have looked at tsome of the pictures and ideas on here but dont really think i have time to create such master pieces!

i was just wondering if anyone had any simple but effective display ideas? it doesnt have to be any particular curriculum focus!

I always think photographs work well when you have a space to fill in a hurry. I have just done one of our recent trip to the toyshop and took some pictures added some vocab and clip art of toys.

Have also done one in the past which was quick of the children using the outdoors area in certain ways and included labels and the area of learning.

The parents liked that. ie: Outdoor Mark making,

Sure others will come up with some imaginative things.

Best wishes

M

Our children and parents have shown a lot of interest in a display that the Beavers ( shared venue) have done recently, it's really simple and easy for the children to do- Healthy foods on one large sheet and unhealthy foods on the other.

This could be extended by doing a large outline drawing of the body- with support enable the children to learn which foods particularly help the health of which part of the body ie: picture of a fish next to the brain, picture of milk next to teeth and skeleton.

Peggy

I always find children's work is nice, with a few paragraphs dotted around to explain.

The photos option is a great idea as the children love to see themselves :o and the parents can enjoy finding out what the children have been up to - especially if photos are anotated with background or what children have said. our local numeracy consultant visited school today & said one thing she always advises schools (but we were doing it already :D ) was to use anotated photos as evidence, whether that be in displays, in books or in children's personal record books.

Also interactive displays are great if you have the appropriate space. We just have one cupboard top which I change around to use as interactive display, examples are having different materials to sort, or to match descriptive labels to. We currently have bags with numbers on & teddy sorts; the children can place the correct number of teddies in the bags, then order the bags. How about multi-links & a displayed given number (e.g. 10) asking children to make something using the correct number of cubes.

Displays which children can add to. Last term we had a colour display (that cupboard top again!) with a different focus colour each week - the children were invited to find items of that week's colour & add it to the display. Equally, next half term as part of 'growing' I shall convert this in to a baby display, so children can add things which babies have, e.g. rattle, teddy, baby-grow; I just hope none of them bring in a younger sibling's nappy!!

At our recent OFSTED inspection the inspectors said they wanted to see lots of emergent writing on display through out the school. We have now turned over a display board that can be changed almost daily to display children's own writing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)