Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C2 Ke7

Help again please. Struggling with: C2KE7 - the role of food in social and cultural life in shaping attitudes and behaviour.

Do I give info on our R.E. lesson although this doesn't include food. Do I reflect on making xmas puddings out of clay. Help please the children I work with are in reception class and are all except one white christian children. We didn't even cover Chinese New Year.

We have a display of the Koran in the library in a glass case do I include a pic of this.

To be honest I am behind at the moment. I am by no means the only one in the class but I didn't want to be here. I am finding this course quite hard. I feel that I have bitten off more than I can chew so to speak. Any help advice would be appreciated.

We are just starting observations as well and after looking through Child Observation and Assessment I feel I'm going to be lost again. Has anyone else felt bewildered.

Hi Lui - your Sunday sounds as good as mine!! I'm working on an assigment too.

Anyway, don't panic - normally for KE, a couple of sentences to address the statement is usally all that's needed - but you need to check with your own assessor.

In response to your query:

Food provides a valuable opportunity to further a child’s development; sharing mealtimes encourages social interaction, listening and conversation. Positive habits can be reinforced and children can be independent in eating and serving food.

Introducing new foods can promote self esteem and an awareness of others’ likes, dislikes and eating customs. It can mould attitudes to food and broaden children’s tastes and experiences. Children learn self confidence through development of social skills – they take turns and are valued as a unique member of their social group.

Food can also be used as a learning tool to widen awareness of other cultures and religious practices and also used as during celebration (think birthday cakes, diwali sweets etc)

HTH

Sharon

Hi Lui - your Sunday sounds as good as mine!!  I'm working on an assigment too.

Anyway, don't panic - normally for KE, a couple of sentences to address the statement is usally all that's needed - but you need to check with your own assessor.

In response to your query:

Food provides a valuable opportunity to further a child’s development; sharing mealtimes encourages social interaction, listening and conversation.  Positive habits can be reinforced and children can be independent in eating and serving food.

Introducing new foods can promote self esteem and an awareness of others’ likes, dislikes and eating customs.  It can mould attitudes to food and broaden children’s tastes and experiences.  Children learn self confidence through development of social skills – they take turns and are valued as a unique member of their social group. 

Food can also be used as a learning tool to widen awareness of other cultures and religious practices and also used as during celebration (think birthday cakes, diwali sweets etc)

HTH

Sharon

47130[/snapback]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)