Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Giraffes

I have to tell you about this as it makes the job all worth while :) :

Yesterday in the nursery I was sat on my 'teachers chair' & all the children were sat on the floor. I started to say something to the children which I became very aware of as soon as I opened my mouth (if that makes sense):

"There's a draft coming through that window today" I said, & smiled as I realised what they must've thought. One little boy smiled at me and said "No there's not!" xD Someone else said "But there's one on the curtains." (we have a zoo animal pattern on the curtains). then a little girl said "And there's a beautiful zebra too!"

I had to laugh, & although I tried to explain the difference between a draft & a giraffe, I think they thought I had finally lost the plot!! (Could be a bit of truth in that! :o )

Join the Club :)

One of the children brought me a tub and asked what was in it. I replied they were marbles. He asked if they were mine and I answered no I had lost mine at which point another child exclaimed Mrs Storey HAVE YOU REALLY LOST YOUR MARBLES? what could I say in the face of 2 grinning nursery nurses (who know the truth :o )

Should add the first little boy handed over the ones in the tub to replace my lost ones :D

Edited by MARl0N

Yes it does make it all worthwhile - I am doing my body this week - we made skeleton people out of all our milk straws and had the body book with muscles. One child asked what these were I explained and asked him to clench his to see how big they were and another one piped up "I really like mussels, but my sister doesn't."

The english language is so difficult isn't it.

Nikki

I wouldnt ask if I were you Sue. I saw some art work earlier this week on This Morning, that was painted by breasts, and signed with a nipple. I can only hope it was warm paint xD

The joys of day time tele :o

Just after Christmas, I overheard a group of my children talking about their Christmas crackers and what they had in them. One child said "a bracelet", another said "a hair clip", another said "a bag of marbles". One little boy who is a Jehovah's Witness and therefore doesn't celebrate Christmas, said (looking quite perplexed), "I had cheese in my crackers"!!

AWw I love the things that kids say, that's the only thing I miss with my kids, as they can't talk very well and some can't talk at all. You miss those little things, but they do do amusing things and I always seem to be laughing at something!