Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning In Sen Foundation Class

I wonder if anyone would mind sharing with me their numeracy/literacy planning for a sen foundation class. I currently work with reception/ year 1 sld/pmld children working up to P4/5 and am curious how other people plan their lessons. For example do you plan 3 part numeracy/literacy hours? Or are your lessons more play based as is appropriate for these children?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. What school are you in? Do you teach solely foundation stage? I havent got any good plans to share unfortunately but would be very interested to hear if anyone else does. How do you do your other planning (long and medium term for the other areas) I am trying to develop a better way of doing this at the moment.

o0o0o I didn't know there were others in SLD/PMLD classes here. I've just moved into this, although unlucky for me I've got Y3 and 4 mixed ability from P2i to P6 in some areas, although they are fabby.

I don't do 3 part lessons as its not appropriate for my kids. My literacy work happens each morning while toileting is going on and then we have a weekly sensory story session which the kids ADORE! My numeracy sessions are linked in with our time on the interactive whiteboard.

Have you guys heard of EQUALS? It's a series of schemes of work for children with learning disabilities. In school they've sorted KS1, but only science has been done in KS2.

o0o0o I didn't know there were others in SLD/PMLD classes here. I've just moved into this, although unlucky for me I've got Y3 and 4 mixed ability from P2i to P6 in some areas, although they are fabby.

I don't do 3 part lessons as its not appropriate for my kids. My literacy work happens each morning while toileting is going on and then we have a weekly sensory story session which the kids ADORE! My numeracy sessions are linked in with our time on the interactive whiteboard.

Have you guys heard of EQUALS? It's a series of schemes of work for children with learning disabilities. In school they've sorted KS1, but only science has been done in KS2.

52378[/snapback]

Hi-so do you follow foundation stage? or NC? could I possibly be cheeky and ask to have a look at your plans? any new ideas would be good.

thanks

We follow the NC in KS1 and 2 and the FSC in foundation. School is currently adapting the EQUALS scheme of work for all our kids and they've done KS1 so far.

If you wanted to look at some of my plans you're welcome, but they may not be that appropriate as my kids are older, but once I'm home I'll be happy to let you look at some.

We follow the NC in KS1 and 2 and the FSC in foundation. School is currently adapting the EQUALS scheme of work for all our kids and they've done KS1 so far.

If you wanted to look at some of my plans you're welcome, but they may not be that appropriate as my kids are older, but once I'm home I'll be happy to let you look at some.

52619[/snapback]

that would be good thanks. just to see how you set it all out. thanks

jo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)