Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dangerous Floor

:o Committee has laid new floorwhich is leathal when wet. they won't change it!Does anyone know if there is a product that we can use to make it less slippery???

Lots of PVA Glue? :o

We use large rubber mesh mats which we place around our sand/water trays. These help to stop slips in these "vulnerable" areas, but to cover a whole floor, sorry, can't really help. xD

Peggy

I would have to say that I think this is an issue that should be taken up with the flooring manufacturer/supplier - perhaps they can suggest somethiing. Were they made aware at the time that this was going into a nursery, if so, then I think you would have some recourse to them under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1994 for getting them to replace it as really it was not "fit for purpose". Floors will get wet in any given situation but if it is proving really hazardous then it really isn't satisfactory. Water will get accidently spilt - even if they wont replace it they should be able to help in some way.

Children must be taught to walk and not run but really I think it must conform to some safety standard from what you are saying it doesn't appear to if it become very slippery. Don't suppose they want a whole load of grit on it do they.

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)