Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Much Evidence

Hi my name is sharon, i am currently at college doing my nvq3 i have a problem with how much evidence is required for each pc and knowledge question. My college has informed me that 2 pieces are required for each pc and knowledge, but my assessor argues that only one is needed i feel quite confused can anyone help me get this sorted so that i know what is required . :o

Hi Sharon and welcome to the forum. :)

The award is time consuming enough without having to produce unneccessary work Sharon. One piece of well written work is enough - not just to cover one PC or KE - but it may well cover several PC's and KE! I think the college are being overly demanding. The NVQ is designed to be a vocational qualification not a paperwork exercise. :o

If your assessor is happy that the work you are producing shows that you are aware of good practice, and the reasoning behind why you do what you do, then that should be good enough. :)

I agree with Beau. The only thing I can think is that someone is talking about each pc being covered more than once in practice, as the assessors/IVs/ EVs need to be sure that you won't just do something in a certain way while you're being observed, but that it's part of your understanding and use of good practice.

Don't worry, they'll soon tell you if you're not doing enough! Just make sure you are covering the questions and being relevant. I've seen several candidates writing reams that had little to do with the question being asked.

I'm sure you'll soon get in the swing of it, & you'll get lots of support on here!

Thankyou Carol for your reply, it has eased the fright of having to do so much paper work, i will go back to my college tutors and hopefully get this disagreement sorted. :)

Thankyou Weightman

The college are asking for 2 references of evidence in each PC and KE box and i am finding this to be a never ending pile of paper work. My assessor has written off 7 units for me so i am hoping that she is right on this one

Hi sharon, just wanted to say that i finished my level 3 late last year and we argued at doing 2 peices of evidence for each p.c. We had to be assessed for each one (obviously) and then had to complete another peice of evidence i.e. reflective account to cover most of the p.c's aswel. This was something that the external verifier asking for.

Laura

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)