Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Food Topic

I am looking towards next term and i am trying to gather ideas for activities related to food.

Has anyone any ideas or resource books they could recommend?

I am looking towards next term and i am trying to gather ideas for activities related to food.

Has anyone any ideas or resource books they could recommend?

46220[/snapback]

There is a great book about eating well called " Why should I eat well" by Claire Llewellyn

Also "Oliver's fruit salad" and Oliver's Vegetables" by Vivian French are both very good

Hope these are of some help

Rachel :)

Its by Jan Fearnley!

I like ''The Healthy Wolf' by Mandy Stanley & David Bedford - the wolf eats loads of unhealthy stuff and gets so fat he can't chase the children he wants to eat - or something along those lines, so a family feel sorry for him and get him to eat properly and exercise.......,isbn 1 85430 777 0 (got mine from The Book People).

Don't know if its still in print but I use 'Lunch Boxes' by Althea which is really good at getting healthy eating idea across. My daughter (now 17) read this when she was little and for years would only have a bag of crisps once a week as the book advocates (not now she's a teen tho!).

Leon's Lunchbox by Mary Hoffman tells of a boy who always has peanut butter sandwiches in his lunchbox until one day he loses it. All his friends are anxious to share and there are lots of international foods included: samosas, cornish pasties, pitta bread, hot dog - very multicultural. Not sure if this is still in print but the idea could be developed for a display etc

The Little Book of Cooking from Stories has some good ideas - The Little Red Hen - bread rolls, Handa's surprise - fruit sticks & honey dip etc...

:o i used to use a lovely book called 'honey biscuits' about a little boy and his grandmother who wanted to make biscuits . the book contains the recipe and each page looks at where the food comes from. honey from the bees and butter from milk. takes in weighing and measuring . dont have a copy i am afraid i will check amazon and see if it is still available .

it is still available on amazon at £4.75 just type honey biscuits in to the search.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)