Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assemblies

Hi everyone,

I've got to do an assembly on good hands in 2 weeks, and I have no idea where to begin. If anyone has any useful suggestions or stories I could read I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Difficult to know without knowing the format of your assembly. Are you standing up in front of the children? Do children have any input?

You could do something about all the different things we do with our hands - then possibly focus on things that are good/not good .. eg. helping someone up who's fallen, giving someone a hug, hitting etc. Possibly have your children prepare handprints and write children's suggestions on them and then put on two boards.

For stories .. if assemblies have a religious theme you could tell a story about Jesus healing - Jairus' daughter perhaps.

Harricroft

Thank you, sorry for being so vague. Only recently started doing assemblies. I like to get the children involved (nursery and reception only assembly!)

I'm sure something will come up

Hi

There is a brilliant book called 'Time for reflection' it's a bellair book. It has a helping hands assembly in I'm sure. Someone at our school did one with Reception. The children all had cut out hand shapes with helpful/ caring things written on some and uncaring things (hitting, pinching etc) on others. She also made a cardboard bin and after discussing with the audience if a hand was helpful or not,the unhelpful hands went into the bin! It was good if I remember rightly!

Hope this helps!

Mottie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)