Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Music

Hello! This year, we didn't put on our traditional Christmas Nativity performance. It's a long story, but our new unit had only just opened, and we felt that it would be unfair on our new nursery children. Anyway, we promised ourselves, and the parents, that we would do something later on in the year. Later on in the year is fast approaching but the only problem is that, apart from Golden Apple publications, I don't seem to be able to find any plays that are suitable for Nursery and Reception- apart from the usual Christmas ones, and I don't think we'll be able to get away with Whoops a Daisy Angel in summer, no matter how sweet it is! Anybody got any reccommendations?

Thanks

Caroline xxx

What about something around a collection of nursery rhymes that the children could sing and dramatise? ie - sing a song of sixpence, humpty dumpty etc...

Out of the ark do some lovely collections of songs for little ones such as:

Minibeasts, people who help us, ourselves, and spring etc

We always do a class assembly in the spring summer term which is based around a simple drama derived from something that fits into our themes and i pad it out with some dancing and collections of songs. Sometimes it has been linked to story book such as Baby Goz, The Hungry Caterpillar, The train ride.

The Baby Goz one works really well as one little on could be the gosling, and other children the other animal mothers in turn until he meets his own mummy 'Who ends with 'I am your mummy and I love you very much' awwwwwwww cute factor!!!!!

(songs Old Macdonald, the ugly duckling, five little ducks, frog songs etc )

Good Luck - let us know what you decide to do!

Hi!

What about doing a Spring theme and teaching the children some Spring time songs. They could dress in Easter bonnets etc . Plenty of songs about plant growth and new life they could learn.

:D

Hi!

What about doing a Spring theme and teaching the children some Spring time songs. They could dress in Easter bonnets etc .  Plenty of songs about plant growth and new life they could learn.

:D

46011[/snapback]

Hi

I used to work in a school as a T A and every year we put on a performane called Caterpiller Boogie. they children dressd up as caterpillers. Most of the songs are about Spring and growing there is a lovely one called butterfly sparkle it brings a tear to your eye.

Hope this is of any use

Fi.

We have put on summer shows with the children taking the part of nursery rhyme characters also wrote our own version of 'I dont want to go to bed' adapting animal songs to fit the story. Same with an ugly bug ball parents were great and provided amazing costumes good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thanks to you all for your ideas! Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been doing my other job of being a mummy and have been up to my eyeballs decorating my daughter's bedroom and arranging her first ever big birthday sleepover - (this Saturday and the paper's still not on yet....!!) You know when you have these really good ideas before reality sets in.....!!

Anyway, you've given me lots of ideas and got me thinking creatively again, so as soon as I know what we're going to do, I'll let you know. Thanks for all the support, it's very much appreciated.

Love

Caroline

xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)