Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mornings Planning Pls Help

Hi

I have to plan a 2hr 30mins session for the nursery placement i am in. It has to include a snack activity a gross motor skills and a quiet period

I already realise i can read a story for quiet time and get them to help with snacks not sure what though as they only have fruit would need to take something in

Any ideas would be great

Hi,

Do you have to actually carry out your plan, or is it just an assignment task?

Can you use the same format as the one the nursery already uses, but with using your own activity ideas?

Do the children have access to outdoor play, climbing apparatus, balls/bikes etc ( gross motor)?

Do the activities have to be planned as adult led or just accesible to children for child initiated free play time?

Do you have to identify possible learning outcomes, adults role?

I have always felt that snack time is an activity in it's own right, whatever method is used to deliver snacks. What would you hope the children would gain from this time?

I hope these questions help you formulate your plans.

Peggy

more questions...

Do you have to show how staff will be deployed?

Consider safety, inclusion, childrens current interests?

Planning informed by childrens observed development needs?

oh... by the way how will you measure the fun element? ( sorry just trying to lighten the anxiety)

Peggy

I'm assuming that the children are roughly 3/4years old, as you don't say. If they always have fruit for snack then you could get them to help cut up the fruit and make a fruit salad. Allergies permitting you could let them have the choice of putting plain yoghurt or fromage frais over the top of it.

As regards the quiet time, make sure that you choose a story that you are familiar with and appropriate for the children. I always find that the more animated you are, the more likely they are to sit still and listen. Don't be afraid to over dramatise it! :o You could also use props to help you.

It's really difficult to suggest a gross motor skills activity without knowing what space and apparatus you have. Perhaps you could give us some more details. :)

Are you going to be observed?

I'm assuming that the children are roughly 3/4years old, as you don't say.  If they always have fruit for snack then you could get them to help cut up the fruit and make a fruit salad.  Allergies permitting you could let them have the choice of putting plain yoghurt or fromage frais over the top of it.

As regards the quiet time, make sure that you choose a story that you are familiar with and appropriate for the children.  I always find that the more animated you are, the more likely they are to sit still and listen.  Don't be afraid to over dramatise it!  :o  You could also use props to help you.

It's really difficult to suggest a gross motor skills activity without knowing what space and apparatus you have.  Perhaps you could give us some more details. :)

Are you going to be observed?

45739[/snapback]

It will be an observed session and the children are aged 3/4

I thought of making sandwiches with chees spread or jam and getting them to bring in a teddy for a picnic

Also though th book could be bear related "wheres my teddy" or "bear under the stairs"

Gross motor am going to go with nursery rhymes with lots of actions

There are bikes but the outside area isnt used if the weather is bad

And the children habe mostly free play except for a couple of activities

Am not geting a lot o support from the nursery teacher as she finds my assessour nosey but she is just asking what i have to know

thanks for your help

just need to put it on a plan now?

Good luck brozy 1,

It is a shame your nursery teacher is unsupportive, especially as he/she would have undergone similar assessment to get her qualification. :o

Maybe you could let your assessor know and she could reassure the teacher that it is YOU she is observing and not her.

I personally tend to consider my desired learning outcome then fit an activity to this- not the other way round. hope that helps.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)