Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Big Meccano

A while ago I saw a resource for Pre-School children, like big meccano, with screws and bolts to fit pieces together to make large models.

I would like to buy some now, but can't remember what it is called.

Can anyone help, with the name and where to buy it.

Also if anyone has some, do they like it, is it worth the money.

Thanks in advance

Glen

Is it Maxamec?

We bought some in September. It's expensive but very sturdy. I question how much the children can do alone - ours are 2.5 to 4+ years - but there's no doubt some interesting constructions can be made. Things to sit & ride on, for instance.

We got ours from a chap called The Puppet Man alias David Tovey; I think he has a website but didn't bookmark it. I'm not sure he's still selling it because people were finding it too expensive.

Hope that's of some help!

We have Big Builder too. I bought two lots of it as one didn't seem to be enough. I think it was about £25 from the Early Learning Centre. Our children really like it.

Linda

I can vouch for the ELC bigbuilder, we had loads at the playgroup I used to run. We found it very child friendly and the 'tools' were good for introducing the idea of the use of 'grown up' tools. (Although, we also used real tools in appropriate situations) However, if the children sit on their constructions too much it can break - also if too many of the small parts are stored in the box-type construction pieces you get the same result!

Sue

Thank you for all your prompt replies.

I have been looking for the name Maxamec for days.

I should have asked you lot first.

I have been on their website and ordered already

Thanks for the other suggestions as well

Glen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)