Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Help

Hello

Can anyone please help. I am an NQT and starting to panic about CLL. :o I am unsure of what order to teach things in. I have gone through most of the letter sounds with the children. I have also just started to do the high frequency words and they seem to be learning them quite quickly. I was wondering if this sounds ok. What else should I be doing. Can anyone tell me about their current literacy input lessons? Thank you so much for any help. Thankyou x

The standards site NLS do what I think are quite good medium term plans

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/p...ns_wordb-w2.doc

We use Jolly Phonics and action words in the first term and spend a lot of time on initial sounds and rime building cvc words The Playing with sounds material offers some good activities if you are stuck. We also place a big emphasis on independent writing and encouraging the movements which will lead to correct letter formation. Lots of stories, we hear individual readers and groups. Modelling writing and writing for a purpose (we seem to get boy heavy classes and find they are more willing to write if they see a reason for it) so we've made signs lists menues recipes instructions and encouraged the story telling in role play smallworld etc.

Hope this is some help

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)