Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play Area

Hi,

Our new topic this term is famous people. We are doing famous artists because it lends itself to lots of creative activities. Has anyone got any ideas for the role play area. I was thinking of an art gallery but not sure how to arrange it.

Not sure if this will be much help but depending on space you could make it an art gallery with shop attached so that the children could sell the paintings or work that they make. This will allow more learning opportunities. You could have an artist of the day where the children have examples of their work to try to copy or paint in the style of? Im sure it will be fab and it sounds like a really interesting topic - all i can say is whatever I put in our role play area (all with great intentions) the children turn it into what ever they want anyway! at the moment they seem keen with a hairdressers!!!! :o

re the artists studio - What about having a differnt type of medium in their eveyr day i.e. chalks, paints, water colour pencils, oil colours - psoter paint made with washing up liquid and I think some peeople use glycerin??? or something similar, wax crayons along with artistes who particularly used those types of mediums as examples, youcoud also extend this to clay, playdough etc - make it you focus for mark making and creative.

AS for famous people you could think of perhaps astronauts - spaceships, the queen - palace, Branson - airplanes, famous siingers - music shop, karaoke machines, instruments - Ghandi, Mother Theresa - India,

You could take this anywhere you wanted to and has given me food for thought.

Nikki

re artist's studio .... you could have a model's chair and chairs for the 'artists' (too much Coronation Street maybe ... just watch for them taking their clothes off :o )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)