Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tuff Spot

I have to spend my budget and have a fair bit to play with luckliy. I have a tuff spot and was wondering if I should purchase some of the inlays for them. Does anyone have these? Would you recommend them or are playmats a better bet?

We don't have the inlays, they look nice but I think they're a bit expensive for what they are. Our kids love the blow up playmats from ELC. They do tend to get holes in them though.

Jo

Hiya

Funny this has come up - I made a comment on this yesterday. I think the mats are good, if I had the money I would buy all of them BUT I don't think they are worth the money - they are just so expensive - what I would say is that they are quick - they display things well, they're convenient and look good and if you are going to use say water, ice, sand or anything wet then you would be hard pressed to find something else - you could look at purchasing some of the vinyl tablecloth material which could be cut, they have a fantastic range of styles now but how it would stand up to the wear and tear of water and sand etc over the long term - I don't know.

If you are going to buy one I suggest you are selective - I bought the undersea one, the builders yard, I added bits of wood, stones, sand plus dumper trucks - they loved it - and one other - cannot remember which but I have also used it without them to display my 3d christmas trees with pretend snow matting which cost me £1.49. Depends on how you are going to use it - this term I am going to put my small world people in as I am doing me, my family etc and I will actually make the base to go in it, perhaps out of green matting or material - I haven't bought the book that goes with it but I am sure if you could get hold of a copy - you and the children could use your imagination to make something up without having to purchase anything.

I really think the manufacturers are taking the mick with the price of inserts - they are quite thin and only have a picture printed on them I cannot see how they cost so much. Perhaps a letter the manufacturer might be in order.

I am also hoping to use it with my Be-bop to stop it falling off the table so it's fairly flexible too. I think its a very simple fantastic design and can be used for so many different things - I use mine all the time -

The snow matting is definitely good - I bought mine from Wilkinsons, garden centres also do green type matting too which could be used too in it and cut to size. Maybe carpet tiles. those thin ones used in kitchen along with sample vinyl you can get my carpet shops - loads of designs there too that you could cut etc. Check out your local carpet shop they are always chucking things like that away.

I am still thinking of other things I could use as bases to promote imagination and creativity. Shredded paper etc can all be made to enhance the play opportunities, along with any number of other things.

Nikki

I bought the builders mat accidently thinking that it came with the tuff spot and it wasnt very clear on the page. I have noticed that it is much clearer recently. I couldnt believe £20 was just the mat! I would really like the space one but havent the money. Maybe we could set up an exchange partnership system or something????

I agree, they are very expensive but they just look soo nice! Perhaps I will get a couple and try and make some others myself. Thanks for the replies, it is useful to hear from people who already have them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)