Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict Lessons

I would be really grateful if anyone would share what they have covered in ICT to date. I have used various mouse control games, used 2 simple to do directions and drawing, used maths CD ROM, and that's about it I think. Basically I would just like an idea of the types of things you have covered, am I on the right lines?

Ict used in Reception class Autumn term

Tape recorder and player

ICT in role play corner- tills, phones, calculators...

Computers- Mouse skills e.g. dress teddy- click and drag programs

Simple maths program- click on write number, click and drag

Simple paint program- make picture and print.

Simple cvc spelling game

Interactive whiteboard- similar to computer skills

I intend to keep on developing the above skills with the introduction to Roamer and simple word processing- names aqnd tricky words this term

Hope that helps

L

Guest tinkerbell

Besides computer mouse skills and interactive white board.

Have also used Beebops, programmable device looks like a bee, alot easier to use than roamer or pixie the children love them and they can be used in tiuff tray.

Also used microwave and cooker.

Similar stuff here too and have also used walkie talkies, electronic instruments (keyboard and drums), digital camera and Pixie. Our remote control toys are broken :o but being replaced shortly :D

NB If you have a Pixie there are some free resources on the swallow systems website (I think there is a link to it from the Hitcham School web site if you try a GOOGLE search)

Hi,

I have used many of the things you mentioned in the classroom. I have just ordered a Bee Bot but hadn't thought of using it in the Tuff Spot - fab idea!

My concern is mainly when we do our weekly visit to the ICT suite. Just the type of things people cover in this time really. Does anyone follow a set things they do each year?

Don't forget the listening centre remote controls for tv and video and visits to supermarkets/shops to look at things like automatic door tills scanners for bar codes. We use the microwave to program in different settings and we also use a bread making machine (control / awareness of use of technology in their homes)

we concentrate on mouse skills on the computer and being able to use the keyboard although some children can save their own work and print it out

Oh and dont forget their favourite web sites

some good ideas

http://www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk/foundation/

Edited by MARl0N

We have a range of ICT resources including metal detectors (very noisy but a lot of fun), beebots, remote control toys (ELC), talking books and are looking to extend our role play equipment- microwaves, kettles etc but as to regards to ICT lessons I also use 2simple to paint, draw and directional activities. Have you used Teacher's Cupboard as a control programme, my children love it and they move onto Granny's Garden as their reading becomes more confident, we also allow the children to use the internet, bbc website is great as well as the British council - they love to make a monster! these are all great at developing both keyboard and mouse skills.

We are fortunate enough to have a fantastic AST ICT teacher who is on the ball with resources and software for all ages and developing skills. i hope that you find this useful

Liz

Thanks to all for your replies. It seems I am doing the same as everyone else so should stop worrying myself as usual.

Liz, do you have a link for the British Council as I can't seem to find making a monster.

HI

Just to say www.sparkisland.com is a brill website for reception and for the more able as you can enter Y1, Y2 levels. I think your school has to subscribe but I've used on the whiteboard and on laptops and it is great for both maths and english!

My World is also great for K&U.. we use it all the time

Teddy Bears Picnic (Sherston)is fab for maths and K&U as well as Bucket&Spade for maths as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)