Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Great Ideas For New Resources?

our head has said she will purchase resources that we would like.. however there are so many fantastic resources in so many different catalogues!

just wondering if any of you super stars could recommend some resources or teaching aids that you have bought for any area of the curriculum that you have found were a great purchase??

any ideas and retailers names would be most appreciated :)

thanks in advance xx

Lucky you

Is there any area in particular you are looking for? And do you know how much money you can spend?

One thing we wouldn't be without is our tuff spot (Black sand tray) available fom B&Q or TTS - Great for small world, letter formation and 101 other things

We recently brought a large drying rack which has been great as it can be wheeled to where its needed and the children can use it easily

I think the large puppets which you can sign with look good as we have quite a few childen with S+L problems (puppets by post I think)

We have a portable cd player (kids one) the children love putting on some music and signing along/playing instruments, etc to it both inside and out

Hope you and the children enjoy the new purchases

Jo

Hi Emma21.

It's hard to suggest things without knowing what area you are looking at or what you already have :o

I love using small sand trays for letter formation and general mark making.

I also really like the parachutes that yopu can get, can use them for loads of different things and they help to build gross motor skills, language and confidence.

Hope you manage to find some good resources to add to what you have :)

Lu

We bought electronic instruments from ELC which have been used to great effect also we have purchased Block Play equiment which has produced lots of language work as well as construction role play and mathematical interest.

we have a wide range of the 'cpmmon' kind of resources you'd find in an early yeras setting.. was just curious to see if anyone had come accross any fab well worth buying resources..

im thinking for any learning area. perhaps 'different' creative things or out door toys.. but on the whole anything!

hope this doesnt sound too vaigue

Hi Emma21.

It's hard to suggest things without knowing what area you are looking at or what you already have  :o

I love using small sand trays for letter formation and general mark making.

I also really like the parachutes that yopu can get, can use them for loads of different things and they help to build gross motor skills, language and confidence.

Hope you manage to find some good resources to add to what you have  :)

Lu

45194[/snapback]

we recently bought small dry wipe white boards with cvc word wheels built into them - the kids love making cvc words and then writing them (quite a few funny words appear e.g. 'git'. We also bought a large fabric dice with clear pockets and cards to go in (number cards, plus minus signs, dots) so it can be used for a number of things - we have used it for circle time by inserting cards with faces on for feelings and in phonics with letters in - great resource and only cheap.

Lucky you - happy spending :D

i like the sound of the dice.. how much was it and where was it from.. if you can remember?!

we recently bought small dry wipe white boards with cvc word wheels built into them - the kids love making cvc words and then writing them (quite a few funny words appear e.g. 'git'.  We also bought a large fabric dice with clear pockets and cards to go in (number cards, plus minus signs, dots) so it can be used for a number of things - we have used it for circle time by inserting cards with faces on for feelings and in phonics with letters in - great resource and only cheap. 

Lucky you - happy spending  :D

45296[/snapback]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)