Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict

Hi, this is a question about being the ICT coordinator! Our school is a through primary school and I am the ICT coordinator - for my sins!! The whole subject needs sorting big time, and KS2 have decided to teach cross-cirricular. I am wondering if anyone else is the ICT co-ordinator, how they organise it, assess it, monitor it etc - any help would be really appreciated as I am floundering around at the moment!!

Thanks very much

Guest tinkerbell

Hi Chris

Dont know if i can help.As ICT co-ordinator in a small school (4 classes)

We have a two year rolling programme for KS1 and one for KS2 for each class as they are mixed, we use the QCAs and these are covered in the main plan teachers putting in the ones they think will suit the half termly topic, could be lit, maths or foundation subject based eg year5/6 have just done powerpoint /hyperlinking in RE topic.We all agreed that the children would have a weekly ICT lesson on the SKILLs needed ,besides using the computers when ever it is suitable.

As a small school we have a laptop trolley with 10 laptops and we are happy to let the top class use the class computers in all classes on a wednesday afternoon that way all can acess a computer.

We have an NTA who is ICT trained and she is timetabled to work in all the classes during the week supporting the childrens learning....eg in my r/yr1 class she watches my imput on the interactive whiteboard and then takes the children in turn or in pairs on the three classroom computers, she makes her own tick sheets for each step by step skill she is teaching eg can the children log on find word type their name ?she would do that as an assessment at the end of say a half term of teaching them how to do it (yr1)

All the children have their own file and are encouraged to save their work probably from yr1 on wards each year making a file within a file so their work is all there for teachers to see.

i think im waffling is this ok?

This is very helpful, do you use the assessment booklets for the children as they progress through school. Do you moderate teacher assessments or not?

Thanks again

I'm ICT co-ordinator in my school... which is quite large... 13 classes.

We were given a ICT certification assessment spreadsheet on Excel which we fill in during the year as we cover each unit. At the end of the year we just save it and pass it one to the next year group so by year 6... each child has a record of all their ICT since Nursery...

... it' great, you can get it to print out all sorts of graphs, see which areas the school doing well in and those where more support is needed.

We then take these at the end of each year to a county moderation meeting.

I'm ICT co-ordinator in my school... which is quite large... 13 classes.

We were given a ICT certification assessment spreadsheet on Excel which we fill in during the year as we cover each unit. At the end of the year we just save it and pass it one to the next year group so by year 6... each child has a record of all their ICT since Nursery...

... it' great, you can get it to print out all sorts of graphs, see which areas the school doing well in and those where more support is needed.

We then take these at the end of each year to a county moderation meeting.

45450[/snapback]

Any chance of a copy?!!!!

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)