Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

High Frequency Words

I'm trying to find a spelling wall to buy or make to put in the classroom so that the children can help themselves to the key words if they need them. Does anyone know where I can buy one or how to make one,

thanks

Little Angel

If you have wall space at children's height you could make a brick wall (-Bob the builder word wall- ) with 2 sets of words, one on the wall and another set that has velcro on so child can take a word away with them. Can be used for matching activities.

Regards Lynda

Little Angel

If you have wall space at children's height you could make a brick wall (-Bob the builder word wall- ) with 2 sets of words, one on the wall and another set that has velcro on so child can take a word away with them. Can be used for matching activities.

Regards Lynda

45062[/snapback]

I have done this quite easily and found it worked well as children did use it. I put the words on long strips which I stapled to the wall and slotted the second word in so they could take them away. hope that makes sense. I have also bought the 'tricky word flowers' from jolly phonics they were only about six pounds to put up too.

I had a display at child height so I built humpty dumpty wall of high frequency words. Then I covered the whole wall in sticky back plastic so children could not take words off or pull them off accidentally. I put a small piece of velcro on each word with another piece on second set of words. children can play matching games or find word they need. Hours of enjoyment and it really helped their word recognition too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)