Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help!

I hope there is someone out there who can help me. I have been teaching Year R for a term and although the planning of the previous teacher is very good it is written out as medium term plans like ks1 and 2 and I am finding that this is just not good enough, io would love to work purely through topics but am wondering how people intergrate dare i say it nls and nns objectives aswell as elgs' - it all seems so much to get into such an important year! we also have as a school the dreaded inspection looming within the next eighteen months and I really want to have the planning all complete and ready to impress which gives a true reflection of what really goes on in my classroom. I hope this makes sense and there is someone out there who can help me!! any ideas on how i can approach the planning would be much appreciated.

Liz

Hi Lady lou

i am feeling very much that way too. i have good ideas and great resources and a very good head who trusts me!!!!! i want to do a good job, as we all do, and i am sure we are all just too hard on ourselves.

what i want is some interesting topics and how to fit them into the bigger picture and like you how to do the planning for all that.

have a look here adn just to the right under there is a link to goals and NLS and it plans them together

http://www.thegrid.org.uk/learning/english...ing/goals.shtml

hope it helps

if anyone has anygreat topics please let me know

thanks

Guest tinkerbell

Hi

Welcome and Merry Christmas.if you search on this forum you will find heaps of topic ideas.the Norfolk education web site is a really good starter for medium term plans for foundation , they have six which cover all the areas for the year, they can be changed and adapted.

Are you allowed to do your own topics?I work a mixed R/yr1 and there is a Yr1/yr2 class so we have a two year rolling programme to ensure all the objectives are covered.I do change topics but make sure the objectives for the old topic are covered.

Dont work too hard

Tinkerbell

I hope there is someone out there who can help me. I have been teaching Year R for a term and although the planning of the previous teacher is very good it is written out as medium term plans like ks1 and 2 and I am finding that this is just not good enough, io would love to work purely through topics but am wondering how people intergrate dare i say it nls and nns objectives aswell as elgs' - it all seems so much to get into such an important year! we also have as a school the dreaded inspection looming within the next eighteen months and I really want to have the planning all complete and ready to impress which gives a true reflection of what really goes on in my classroom. I hope this makes sense and there is someone out there who can help me!! any ideas on how i can approach the planning would be much appreciated.

Liz

45024[/snapback]

Hi welcome to the forum

The NLS have come up with plans that use both NLS targets and ELGs :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)